The Below beta is now live! If you backed the Kickstarter, you’ll be receiving an invitation very shortly. Check your email!
There’s now a Google+ community for Below, which I hope beta testers will use to post their thoughts and stories. It’s a public community, so drop by, take a look and join in!
After the break, check out the many, many improvements you can find in the beta.
Improvements in the beta include:
- A new playable character – the Smith’s Daughter!
- Descend to the perilous reaches of Depth 9 using a hugely expanded Below Deck!
- Discover a new quest and region of the Bellringer’s Tomb! Rescue the tanner’s girl from its corridors and discover the secrets of the Saint’s Grave.
- Return from death! Once (and once only in the beta) you can bargain with the White-Handed Lady to return to life. But beware – her price is steep. In the final game, players can make additional bargains with her by paying in-game currency.
- Leave a legacy! If your character dies or retires, they can now leave special items to your future characters! Your deeds determine what you can leave behind, and this is the only way to acquire some of the game’s most useful items.
- Lashings of beautiful, custom art by Yasmeen Khan.
- Four vicious new conditions: Weary, Dread, Cursed and Watched!
- Reputations: Experience points burning a hole in your pocket? Visit the inn and spread tales of your deeds. You’ll earn reputations that grant potent new skills!
- Revised camping and town areas, easier to use and with expanded options. Cursed? Visit the wise woman. Weary? Relax in the inn for a while. Running short of supplies? Go shopping in the market!
- A ray of hope in the Below Deck: find the Your Thoughts card, providing extra resources while you’re exploring. As you learn new skills and acquire new items, the options on the Your Thoughts card will increase!
- Lots of other changes and new content: expanded quests and consequences to the threat of the Sea-Kings, new equipment, new item improvements, special abilities granted by treasures you find in the dungeon, and more!
I’ll be posting information on the death and legacy systems very soon, upon this very blog, no less! See you soon!